Sunday, December 11, 2005

It is the final night of my sojourn here and already i can feel the antipation of the emotional detachment looming tomorow evening.

You forge these companionships, bond over the days and weeks and then go home denied the knowledge of when you would ever cross paths again. More often than not, never.

I still recall my other two vacations this year. There are all these wonderful people you meet. And then you vacate their residence slowly. Packing your belongings. Watching them recede into the distance as you ride away in the hotel shuttle or glimpse at their silhouette dissipate from behind the departure gates.

December has always been the wistful catalyst for transition.

Tomorrow on my immediate arrival in Melbourne airport, i will be sending off yet another close friend of mine. I wonder what the remainder of my vacation holds for me.

No comments: