Saturday, November 25, 2006

Islam in Action

LONDON - A man slaughtered and tried to eat a wild swan because he was hungry during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Shamshu Miah, 52, knifed the bird at a lake and bit its neck. Police found Miah with blood on his clothes and feathers in his beard. The married father of one told officers:

"I am a Muslim, I am fasting, I had to eat. I was hungry, I had to eat the swan."

"I killed it, I stabbed it. I did nothing wrong. It was just a bird. I needed to eat."

When told it was illegal to kill a swan because it was the property of the Queen, Bangladesh-born Miah replied: "I hate the Queen, I hate this country."

Miah was jailed for two months after admitting possession of a knife in public and intentionally killing a wild bird.

-Daily Mail

No comments: