Thursday, March 08, 2007

Apprehensive

Just arrived in Bangkok 2 hours ago. Reached my motel via taxi, went out to buy some bottled water, had some food delivered to my room and now using the internet in an internet cafe, the first time in 1 week.

I feel insecure. I am in a totally alien place, alien language, unfriendly people and an old rustic motel room with dim lights, less than clean toilet and no TV. I suppose i can not ask for much for around A$25 per night but i regret not going to a 4 star hotel just down the road for the comfort and security in my much needed predicament where the comfort of a hotel would lull me into a peaceful sleep ready for tomorrow. But i count it as an experience. I am all alone here in Bangkok. No friends waiting for me, no relatives like i did in Malaysia, not even acquaintances! I have to wait for my friends from Melbourne to arrive a couple of days from now so we could rendezvous and i could get the hell out of this motel.

I am not very sure what i would do tomorrow. I guess the first place i have to visit would be the tailor. All these designs i brought i want tailored here in Thailand. Followed by shopping... Shitty as my motel is, it is located just 1 minute away from Bangkok's biggest shopping area.

Ok. It is late and i have been flying around this peninsula for long enough. I feel dizzy and i feel like fainting... Kinda like in and out.

Bye.

No comments: