Sunday, December 24, 2006

Memory harbors vast amount of events that somehow gives the perception that it has only occurred in recent memory. A birthday, a holiday, a special moment with someone or the final hour spent with a friend before he or she boards a plane. We could assume that these have only coincided in the past six months when in fact it has been over a year ago.

Christmas Eve has prodded me to reflect. What was I doing last year during this month? What was the weather like? Who was I with? What other important events have taken place?

So when I was prompted by a friend as to how long it has been since I have been single and was forced to pen the facts. I was astounded by the one year period. I was under the impression that it was merely eight to nine months. So what if I was never prompted to consciously make a mental calculation of the months that has elapse? Would I always assume the nine month lapse for another five months?

It is unanimous that time flies and that we are continuously reminded of its reality over and over again. I do not think its effect would ever wear out on me. Because each time it proves itself to me, it imprints on me a greater appreciation for something. I am always lost for words.

oh, and Merry Christmas!

No comments: