Sunday, December 17, 2006

The story of,

I sat in my room today and analysed. I analysed objects in my room that I have become so accustomed to. I analysed objects that I have grown oblivious over time to their existence when each of them had a meaningful history attached to it. I sat down and retraced the story of each object.

There was the artwork I created in school eight years ago where I can still see myself creating them.

Then there was my name tag I wore when I was still schooling in Malaysia.

The 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle sitting on my table top I created with my dear cousins when they were still in Melbourne more than 6 years ago.

A newspaper cutting that has been sitting on top of my bed for the past 10 years.

8 years old photo films yet to be developed.

A wooden plaque that was given by my mother in my first year in Australia to remember her by.

The list goes on.

Try it. Sit down, analyse and retrace the memories.

No comments: