Thursday, October 19, 2006

22 Years Old

So today is officially my birthday. The downside of celebrating your birthday on a day apart from the actual date is that its meaning has been eroded and it has lost the auspicious aspect of it. I even cringe when i people call me up to wish me a happy birthday or when my beautiful colleagues go out of their way to buy me my third cake, call everyone into the board room and sing me the ubiquitous song the third time over to me in a span of 1 week.

This year was downscaled dramatically. My 21st was big. A cocktail soiré with a percussions band, a DJ and an attendance of up to 150.

This year although smaller by half, had more meaning and intimacy. I knew everyone, there was food and it was easier on the wallet.

Truthfully i am pretty sick of hearing Happy Birthday wishes. My manager has been going on about it since last week and it is unnecessary attention. Everyone has Birthdays.

I crave for a quiet one this weekend. The hustle and bustle of the past two weeks has made me really really tired.

No comments: