Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Latest Acquisition

Saw this work of art in the window of an antique shop earlier this week during my lunch break and immediately fell in love with it.

Today was the only day that i had enough spare lunch hour to actually have a look. Its a gramaphone! A music player popular in the 1920s. The antique shop even had some really old European records to play with! Listening to it in the shop gave me images of the movie Saving Private Ryan where in one scene a gramaphone was playing a German song amidst the rubble and ruins of a town. Beautiful.

Naturally i bought it on the spot. One of the best purchases i have made in a long time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pefection.

Anonymous said...

and I can't spell.

Take 2.

Perfection.

P.S. I blame my keyboard.

H