Sunday, June 25, 2006

Enmity

In the 1996 movie 'A Time To Kill' starring Matthew McConaughey and Sandra Bullock, we recall the key elements that contributed to the contention and premise of the movie. Racism, the KKK, the law, vengeance and (in)justice. I suppose the image of the movie that i have recalled eidetically was the 10 year old black girl who was walking along the dusty path as a truck of bogan white men came up from behind, snatched her, raped her continuously only to slay her and left for trash. The ensuing events hence were the trials that succeeded the killing of the guilty by the father of the girl.

I caught up with an old friend of mine and as the usual protocol goes, we asked each other about what we were up to lately and of course i enquired about my old work place. It was this French Restaurant that i worked at as a waiter many years ago.

According to Brandon, Praveena who was this Indian waitress was serving the head chef his dinner. The head chef known as Nick was seated with the restaurant manager and a friend by the lounge.
So here she came and after putting down the food, Nick yelled at her: "Where the hell is my salt and peppar?"
Keeping quiet she turned and rolled her eyes, only to be attacked viciously.
"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me again or i'll fuck you until you become white!"

I do not know, but i remembered blood rushing to my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit! That's full on! What a cunt...if you don't mind me saying so.